Friday, December 31, 2021

WHAT DID I WATCH IN 2021? (Part 1: January - March)

Friday, December 31, 2021  2:29 pm 

Okay, I'm trying to get bunch of crap done today before the end of the year and I'm failing miserably. I figure I should at least be able to organize whatever movies, TV series, etc. I watched this year into some sort of organized fashion. I mean, it's just friggin' lists, right?

JANUARY

1. EYE IN THE LABYRINTH (1972, Amazon Prime)
2. THE VAST OF NIGHT (2019, Amazon Prime)
3. THE WILD, WILD PLANET (1966, Amazon Prime)
4. WHAT SHE SAID: THE ART OF PAULINE KAEL (2019, Documentary, TCM)
5. FOR THE LOVE OF MOVIES: THE STORY OF AMERICAN FILM CRITICISM (2007, Documentary, TCM)
6. ALL THE COLORS OF THE DARK (1976, Shudder)
7. YOUR VICE IS A LOCKED ROOM AND ONLY I HAVE THE KEY (1972, Shudder)
8. THE ROYAL TENENBAUMS (2001, Netflix)
9. THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY (Second watch)(2019, Season 1, 10 Episodes, Netflix)
10. LISA AND THE DEVIL (1973?, Amazon Prime/Shudder)
11. THE TAKING OF PELHAM ONE, TWO, THREE (1974, TCM)

FEBRUARY

12. BONNIE AND CLYDE (1967, Netflix)
13. HIS GIRL FRIDAY (1940, TCM)
14. MASSACRE GUN (1967, Japanese, Amazon Prime)
15. STRAY CAT ROCK: SEX HUNTER (1970, Japanese, Amazon Prime)
16. THE HOUND OF THE BASKERVILLES (1959, Amazon Prime)

MARCH

17. THE FAMILY (2013, Netflix)
18. THE IMAGE REVOLUTION (2014, Documentary about Image Comics, Amazon Prime)
19. THE 50 WORST MOVIES EVER MADE (2004, Amazon Prime)
20. ACT NATURAL: THE UNTOLD STORY OF ALICE GUY-BLACHE (2018, Documentary, TCM)
21. GREY GARDENS (1975, Documentary, Amazon Prime)
22. THE PRIVATE LIFE OF SHERLOCK HOLMES (1970, TCM)
23. BY SIDNEY LUMET (2015, Documentary, Amazon Prime)
24. SCHIZOID (1980, TCM Underground)
25. HILDA (2018, Animated series, Season 1, 13 Episodes, Netflix)
26. ANGEL COP (1989, Animated series, Season 1, 6 Episodes, Amazon Prime)
27. LORD LUCAN: MY HUSBAND, THE TRUTH (2017, Documentary, Amazon Prime)
28. FASTER, PUSSYCAT! KILL! KILL! (1965, DVD)

After typing this list, it's amazing (and depressing) that in less than a year, some of these titles I've completely blanked on. Like, STRAY CAT ROCK: SEX HUNTER. Other than it being Japanese, I got nothing.
I see I was getting into Italian giallo films in January and I would continue to visit that strange genre occasionally throughout the year. Also that month, I decided to watch the second season of THE UMBRELLA ACADEMY on Netflix but I had forgotten a lot of the first season, so I decided to re-watch it first. I then started the second season, but I lost interest quickly, mostly because it seemed the siblings were still at each other's throats and I got a little impatient with that. But, for the sake of being a completist, I need to finish it... and I probably will in 2022.
LISA AND THE DEVIL was a film I watched with my wife and she actually picked it. I'm glad becuase it was a title I was curious about but never seemed to get enough actual interest to sit down and simply watch it. But my wife picked it and I figured, "Okay, let's get this over with..!" It was interesting. And weird. Now I have to watch its "companion piece," THE HOUSE OF EXORCISM.

Anyway, to be continued...





No comments:

Post a Comment