Friday, December 31, 2021

BRIDE OF HERNIADROME! aka WHAT DID I WATCH IN 2021? (Part 5: My Personal Film "Festival", October 18 - November 30)

Saturday, January 1, 2022, 11:16 pm

NOTE: Continued from Part 4.

OCTOBER 18-31

Huh. I guess I didn't watch any more movies for the rest of the month. Well, two explanations for that.
In the previous post, I talked about watching 26 films from Oct 1 - 17, but actually the pace I watched films was even higher than that. Oct. 1 was my operation and then I was pretty much out for the rest of the day, so I didn't watch anything that first day for sure. But that's just a bookkeeping detail. When I started my two-week recovery at home, I was focused on watching movies, and I embraced that whole-heartedly and with no real rhyme or reason. But, I also hoped to do some drawing, trying to use the luxury of several days off from work in a row as an incentive to finally get through a weird and annoying artistic block I had for, well, it seemed like a whole year at least. Even longer. So, that took up my interest in the latter half of my stay at home before returning to work, so maybe from Oct. 11-17. So, that's Explanation One.
On October 18 I went back to work. Man, going back to work 32 hrs/week after lying around on the couch all day for two weeks was a bit of an adjustment. I was really exhausted after working a shift, so I pretty much passed out when I got home. And that was my physical state the rest of October, getting back to working again. Yeah, my Vivofit watch (along with Garmin) was totally confused with my exercise output for that stretch. So, I work outside at a grocery store, pulling grocery carts from the lot over an 8 hour shift. The week I last worked before my operation on Friday, Oct. 1 (Sept. 27-Oct. 3) - and I remember this because I have these Step Challenges that run from Monday-Sunday - I had a 150K Step challenge going on, and I managed to do at least 200,000 steps that week. It was a busy week at work, because the bulk of those steps had to be from Sept. 27-30. By the time I returned to work, my watch had put me in a much lower challenge, I think a 75K Step Challenge. But my first day back I did 33,000+ steps, so my watch was all confused, I'm sure. And I was beat getting used to doing all that walking and pulling again. And that's Explanation Two.
So, that was going on.

NOVEMBER 

NOTE: From November 5 - 11, the annual Buffalo Dreams Fantastic Film Festival took place at the Dipson Theatres at the Eastern Hills Mall. I wasn't able to attend every day of the festival, but I was present the first three days and then the final night. So, a lot of the films I saw in November were from that festival and are duly noted below in RED.

107. CHARADE (1963, TCM)
106. THE ANDROMEDA STRAIN (1971, TCM)
 - THE SPARKS BROTHERS (second watch) (2021, Netflix)
105. THE SPARKS BROTHERS (2021, Netflix)
104. NOBODY (2021, Netflix)

2021 BUFFALO DREAMS FANTASTIC FILM FESTIVAL
Dipson Theatres, Eastern Hills Mall (including shorts)

103. IF SHE SCREAMS
102. THE LAST FRANKENSTEIN
101. DARK TALES FROM CHANNEL X
100. SELF ISOLATED
99. MYSTERY SPOT
98. N.Y. NINJA
97. CLOWNS IN THE WOODS
96. THE RETALIATORS (2021, Thriller/horror, 97 min.: Writers, Darren Geare, Jeff Allen Geare; directors, Samuel Gonzalez, Jr., Bridget Smith)
 - ECHO FALLS (2021, WNY 18 min.: Writer/director Aaron B. Webb; With Nate Chateaux, Sam Qualiana, Jessica Zwolak)
95. FEAR NO EVIL (1981, Horror, 100 min.)
 - GOD HELP US (U.S., 11 min.: Writer/director Rick Danford)











No comments:

Post a Comment